Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp with Melt® Organic-Pineapple Sauce
These grilled prosciutto-wrapped shrimp drizzled with Melt® Organic pineapple sauce will be a favorite at your next barbeque. This recipe is adapted from Karen Dawson’s recipe found on the Food Network Magazine, and makes 12 servings.
For the Shrimp
½ cup chopped fresh pineapple
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
6 thin slices prosciutto di parma, halved lengthwise
Coconut oil for the grill
For the Sauce
½ cup Melt® Organic
¼ cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
For the marinade:
- Puree ½ cup of fresh pineapple in a blender until smooth.
- Marinate the peeled and deveined shrimp in a bowl with ¼ cup of the pureed pineapple, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper mixed together.
- Toss the shrimp in the marinade, cover and leave at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and wrap a strip of prosciutto around each piece.
For the sauce:
- Gently heat the Melt Organic on low heat until liquid.
- Add the chopped pineapple and remove from heat.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium and brush with coconut oil.
- Grill the prosciutto-wrapped shrimp until the shrimp is pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
To serve, spoon Melt Pineapple Sauce over each prosciutto-wrapped shrimp, taking care to include pineapple chunks with each one and garnish with parsley.