Grilled Rosemary Sea Salt and Vinegar Beet Chips
Instead of French Fries, try grilling these Rosemary Sea Salt and Vinegar Beet Chips as a colorful, flavorful, and more nutritious complement to your grilled meats and vegetables. Dipped in roasted garlic blended in yogurt, these beet chips are a fun change for grilling season. Leftover beet chips are excellent in mixed green salads tossed with chunks of Greek cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Recipe inspired by Gina Matsoukas.
2 large beets, thinly sliced (1/8th inch thickness)
¼ cup MELT® Organic, softened
For the dip
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Slice beets to 1/8th inch thickness or less using a mandolin slicer or slicing mechanism in a food processor.
- Place sliced beets in a large pot.
- Add rice vinegar until just covering the beets. Bring to boil, turn off heat, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Warm up the grill griddle on medium.
- Drain the beets completely. Wipe down the large pot with a paper towel to remove moisture, add the softened MELT Organic and transfer the beets back into the large pot. Toss the beet slices with the MELT Organic until completely covered.
- Add the beets in a single layer to the griddle. Fry the beets on each side until they start to crisp up. Repeat with the remaining beet slices.
- Place the beet chips in a large mixing bowl and toss with sea salt and a spring of rosemary.
- Transfer the beet chips to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm.
For the dip
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
Rosemary Sea Salt and Vinegar Beet Chips are easily baked as well. Lay the MELT-ed beets on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, flipping half way through. Remove the beet chips as they crisp up and brown, since some will be done before others.